23 September, 2012

I Almost Played A Game

written by Blain Newport on Sunday, 23 September, 2012

True to their word, Gearbox sent me a copy of Borderlands 2, which I hastily installed. Unfortunately this PC, which was fine for the original, crashes before I can get past the menus. Sometimes it's a graphics driver initialization error. Sometimes it's an out of memory error which has caused some speculation that the game doesn't play well with 32 bit operating systems. I saw some flickering black triangles which were reminiscent of the problems I had with Bulletstorm and Saints Row The Third. Regardless, I did not play much this week.

Because I am sick of having nothing to write in this space, I will recommend a couple items from Netflix. {goes to look through recently watched} Nope. I can't even do that much. I saw Capote, a dramatized version of the process by which Truman Capote wrote In Cold Blood. The subject matter is unpleasant, but it's honest and very well made. The only other thing I gave four stars to was Robocop, but there's too much nostalgia involved for me to consider that a solid endorsement.

I fail at fun. :(

1 comment:

Chris said...

This might interest you if you haven't already seen it: Custom UT Bots Pass “Turing Test”