07 April, 2009

Keepalive: My Media Diet and General Lack of Enthusiasm

written on Monday, April 6, 2009

The RSS reader is the greatest thing ever. I can scream through a day's worth of news and video uploads in about fifteen minutes. Some days there are articles worth reading, so I'll spend maybe twenty to thirty minutes reading articles. And that's pretty much it for the day. If I'm bored I'll peruse a couple gaming forums to see what the locals are up to. And then there are audio shows.

Honestly, I've overloaded myself on audio shows. It's gotten to the point where I play them because the sound of people talking helps me sleep. :P

Over the last week, there have been some more interesting shows thanks to the Game Developer Conference. Game developers tend to be smart people with lots of opinions on games and gaming. But it just seems to wash over me. Maybe I shouldn't have been playing Assassin's Creed and listening at the same time. But just listening seems so wasteful, timewise.

I guess it has a lot to do with there not being interesting games coming out. Mad World is apparently super repetitive, even by brawler standards. Resident Evil 5 is Resident Evil 4 with co-op, which is good but not interesting. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars has gotten crazy good reviews, so I'll keep my eyes open for a sale on that.

But for the time being I mostly just start playing an old game I like, then getting bored immediately and putting it down again. I really need to buy some backup media and reformat already, but I'm afraid my Blood walkthrough will turn out to be another old game I'm not into enough to finish.

When gaming, do not force it.

While It's Fun

No comments: