10 February, 2009

Keepalive: Random Musings & Ennui (yes, again)

written on Monday, Feb. 9, 2009

I'm just not feelin' it lately. I have gamed enough. I have taken enough pictures. I have said enough stupid things.

Well, that's not entirely true. For my own part, I can never say enough stupid things. I still think the concept of "marketing snake ladies" is comedy gold. But blogs are, by nature, self indulgent tripe. There's no need to risk crossing the self indulgence event horizon.

So what can I tell ya?

four paragraphs of biz and enthusiast press flotsam redacted

Not much apparently.

The truth is, very little has changed. Wii's winning hard. The 360 is lengthening its lead over the PS3. And Sony execs are still saying things that'd make you think they've got brain hemorrhages.

Third party publishers are still saying they'll support 'core gamers' on the Wii. I still remain skeptical. The new House of The Dead game comes out on Wii today (Tuesday). I'll be keeping an eye on the reviews.

I actually played Typing of the Dead on GameTap recently. It's basically House of The Dead 2, but instead of shooting monsters with a light gun (or mouse pointer) you type the words that appear to make them go poof. It's pleasantly bizarre.





If you find that limerick highly humorous, my apologies. You're as big a nerd as me.

No comments: