24 February, 2009

Game Journal: Perfect World

written on Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2009

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

There were only two ways to go with this entry (Remember, I'm prone to black and white thinking.), either say nothing interesting happened and basically not write anything, or tell you about all the uninteresting things that happened. In the interest of consistency, I'm following the latter. I won't scold you if you don't read it.

I've hit something of a crafting wall in Perfect World. Once crafting gets to level three, more materials are required to perform it. They don't drop very often. I've been visiting the Perfect World Database to find lower level monsters that drop the same thing, but there aren't many. And the drop rates even then are generally no better than one in ten.

The combat's also getting annoying. I have to pour most of my attribute points into strength because it's what barbarian armor and weapons require. I've made two weapons so far that I can't use. But that means I have very little left over to put into vitality, dexterity, and magic. The magic I can live without. It's annoying to have to drink potions so often. (I'd rather sell them.) But I can deal with that. Not having points for vitality kind of hurts because barbarians are a tanking class, so I'm not the best tank. And not having points for dexterity really sucks because I miss one out of five swings. When you're the tank, you need your threat generating ability to land reliably to do your job. And when you're grinding, it's annoying to burn mana on special abilities that don't land.

Wah, wah, wah.

I'm getting restless. It's time to play something else.

No comments: