05 April, 2009

Postmortem: Heart of Evil Playthrough

written on Saturday, April 04, 2009

That playthrough seems like a long time ago. I suppose it was. I recorded so many sessions at once then uploaded them over days, then trickled them out as one a day blog posts over weeks. But despite the iron being cold, I'll strike anyway.

What Went Well
I finished it. For me, that's a rare thing.

Somebody cared. Ditto.

The technical stuff worked with a minimum of futzing. I probably spent the most time doing recording tests to set volume levels.

What Went Poorly
Rerecording meant I often thought I had talked about things I hadn't actually talked about.

Improvements For Next Time
If I have to end a take prematurely, I should make sure and write down the main things I covered so that I can make sure to say it all again next time.

I will write more posts as I record, possibly even lumping together movies I record on the same day. I'll get fewer "free" posts out of it, but that's probably a good thing. I feel like I've been neglecting the blog by simply scheduling a bunch of posts in advance.

No comments: