15 April, 2009

Keepalive: Dino Game, Call of Juarez

written on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I spent a little time with a silly flash game linked on Rock, Paper, Shotgun. There's not much to the game, but hearing the silly "dinosaur roars" in the intro (and at the end of the credits) is childishly amusing.

I installed Call of Juarez, a western game.

It looks awful.



(Seriously, zoom in on that picture and look how terrible the textures on the sheriff look. I thought this was a 360 game.)

It's got some serious bugs.



And so far all I do is run away from people using a pretty lame stealth mechanic. Oh, and my primary cause of death so far is falling. And I don't think I'm 30 minutes into the game. :(

So far this looks like another Ubisoft standard horrible PC port. Assassin's Creed was decent. It crashed a few times, but it mostly worked. Apparently that's the kind of attention Ubisoft only gives to their own IPs.

No comments: