27 April, 2009

Keepalive: Bejeweled Blitz and possible hiatus

written on Monday, April 27, 2009

I was a little fried from lack of sleep and wanted a break from Chinatown Wars, so I wasted some time playing Bejeweled Blitz. I am not a fan. The game seems simultaneously mindless (if I'm just making patterns) and too much to think about (if I'm trying to find all the patterns and select the best order to do them in). Plus there's a pretty large amount of game that's simply the luck of which new blocks fall for you. Maybe it's predictable, but I'll never play enough (attentively enough) to find out.

In other news, there is no other news. Sure, something's always afoot in the world of gaming, but I already write about stuff you don't care about. If I don't care about it either, who am I writing for?

I know. That hasn't stopped me before. The second review data article I did had no content and wasn't worth writing. And reposting the post I wrote on the MTV Multiplayer Blog wasn't right. You are not audience for that sort of writing. (Well, maybe Matthew.) Related to that, if I want to write something more long form, and I don't feel like it's ready when the blog is supposed to go up, I'll tell you I'm writing it and wait until it's done. Some of the challenge articles felt like last minute blathering. That doesn't help me explore my own thoughts on gaming, and I'm sure it wasn't much fun to read for anyone who bothered.

The smartest move would probably just to take a hiatus until I'm hyped on gaming again. I may do that. But I'll still post keepalives so you know I haven't forgotten the blog. I've been posting one or more times a day since January ninth, and, for no particular reason, I feel compelled to continue. Maybe I'm just getting old and like the constancy. :P

No comments: