30 April, 2009

A Hunting We Will Go

written on Thursday, April 30, 2009

I enjoyed Just Cause. The fighting was pretty mediocre, unpleasant even. But the stunts and the island environments were awesome. There's a sequel being made, but in the meantime the developer, Avalanche Studios, has released a free to play hunting game called theHunter. If you want to pay money you can hunt different game with different guns. But it's not really my type of game.

Don't get me wrong, it's got nice weather effects.


And the PDA and deer sign highlighting made it possible to track the deer in a way I never would be able to in real life.


But I spent three and a half hours searching and this was all I saw.


In case you can't make it out, here's a zoom in and highlight on the deer.


That's as much as I saw in three and a half hours. And my understanding is that you don't shoot them if they have no antlers. Three and a half hours of looking at tracks and poop. It was a pretty walk, and it ran very well. But I'm mostly looking forward to Just Cause 2.

No comments: