21 April, 2009

Game Journal: GTA: Chinatown Wars

written on Tuesday, April 21, 2009

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

I've finally started "the drug game". (shout out to my n#%*&a Gangstalicious) I'm learning the basics. The first step is getting capital. Early missions pay nothing. I couldn't even buy a single bag of... I forget. It was the middle drug on the left column. But that was what I needed because I got an email from a dealer who was willing to pay top dollar for it. He didn't say what top dollar constituted, but I think it means double the normal price.

Getting the money was a pain. I actually made some money with scratch and win cards, but not enough. So I drove a cab for a while. That actually cost me money at first because it cost more to get it repaired between jobs than I was making in fares. On the plus side, it's the best way to get to know the city, so it'll pay off in more than just money eventually.

Once I finally got the money, it was too late. The email had a deadline on it which had expired. Email seems to be the fundamental system for drug trading. I seem to always have one email from a buyer and one from a seller. If I just want to make money, I'll keep driving taxis and making cash, buying out whatever sellers offer me good deals until a buyer offers a high price on something I actually have. There are six types of drugs and by the end of today's session I was only carrying four of them and $400 in cash. My boss wants me to raise $5,000 to buy a piece of property.

I feel like I'm grinding already. This is not good.

No comments: