03 February, 2009

Game Journal: Gothic 3

written on Monday, Feb. 2, 2009

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

I guess I should keep those spoiler warnings going. Someone might care some day.

I killed the undead priest. I got a crown. I turned in a bunch of quests. Then I went somewhere else.

Observant readers may notice a dearth of gusto in the storytelling at this point. Gothic 3 is beginning to feel very much like a "been there, done that" sort of experience. I show up at a town. I run a bunch of missions (usually involving killing a bunch of stuff) to get in good with the people who run it. Then I go do it again somewhere else. I must admit, though, the event pictured below still managed to surprise me.



All rise for the Sandcrawler national anthem (which is the sound of the Sandcrawler next to you getting hit by an arrow). I was just picking them off, one by one. (I can one shot them if I get a head shot.) But one arrow missed and woke up the whole group. This is actually the reduced group. The very first time I missed, something like ten Sandcrawlers all reared up and charged me. "And Bender ran."



Eventually, though, they succumbed, and I took screen shots of all the bodies. It came to 27 Sandcrawlers, all told. Obviously someone would reward me well for this feat of daring.



500 XP and no gold!? You suck, and I hate you forever! Plus you're plotting against the guy who runs the town. So you double suck. I'm going to do bad things to you later. Mark my words.

I ran a bunch of errands for the people in this town and the town further east where they smoke (swamp) weed all day. There are some slaves I'd like to save, but don't know who'll take them and a water mage being held prisoner I'll eventually want to release. But for the time being, I'm sick of that grind.



So it's back to the other grind. I'm thinking if a scene of high adventure like this doesn't get me going, it's time to drop the game for a while.

No comments: