08 February, 2009

Game Journal: Arx Fatalis

written on Sunday, Feb. 8, 2009

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

Actually, I'm tired of Arx Fatalis and I'm tired of writing posts about games I don't care about. So here are some baldfaced lies about screen shots from the game.



Relatively deep in the dungeon, the snake ladies run a fancy spa. For thirty gold you can get the couples package which includes a soak in the hot springs, facial, body chocolate, and barefoot massage. It's really a tail massage since they don't have feet, but the marketing snake ladies thought "bare tail massage" might send the wrong message.



After blowing all my gold on body chocolate, I made a stab at selling my services as an ersatz faith healer in some of the more run down caverns. Here I am treating a Rat Man with a bad knee. It's mostly a light show with just enough heat for the mark to feel like it's doing something. That plus the placebo effect is usually enough for me to get paid and beat feet. Sure, it's slimy, but I've got mouths to feed. Well, one big fat mouth, anyway.



Meet Chester. What, you thought I was talking about my own big fat mouth?

Some troll gave me this grub thing, about two feet long, as a pet. You don't turn down troll generosity (unless your skull is club proof), so I took him home. He was about as cute as a two foot maggot could be, which means it took all of three days for me to get sick of feeding him and replacing stuff he burned through with his acid spit up.

I threw him down a hole in the slime cave out back. I don't know if it was the slime or what, but something down there was Grade A grub chow. Now I have to find ways to come up with enough money to buy him a pig a day. I think it would have been cheaper to just move. Do maggots have homing instincts?

No comments: