07 June, 2009

Keepalive: Bully, New Super Mario Bros., PAX

written on Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mmmm. Seven hours late. Lazy Sunday.

The Bullying continues. I took boxing lessons. I now hit very hard. This is good because I'm fighting a lot of preppies lately, and they also know how to box. Luckily boxing skills don't help them against my leg sweep, kick to the groin combo. :P

I've been wandering around, running errands for people. The gym coach just sent me on a laundry run to the girls' dorm (a.k.a. panty raid). It's not as exciting as it sounds. Outside of one girl who wears pajamas (which are decidedly unsexy), all the girls in the dorm wear their street clothes at all times. The only main difference is that they freak out because I'm not supposed to be there. But sometimes there's a moment where they just act normally, and in that window I managed to get a nice long kiss in the middle of the hallway in full view of everybody. Plus the scary old hall monitor lady came down the hallway just as it was ending and chased me outside. It was perfect. :)

Sometimes I'm finding the way the game paces out content frustrating. There are some go kart races at the carnival and around town. But some of them are locked until I progress the story, so I can't finish them all and get my go kart, which would drastically reduce my travel time, and just generally be awesome because nobody else has a go kart. Neener neener neener, etc.

I checked the "stats" page for additional stuff to do. Long before there were achievements on Xbox Live, Rockstar Games (or rather DMA Design) had implemented stats pages which gave you a rundown of all the things you had and hadn't done in the game. I'd totally forgotten I could stuff kids into lockers until I saw "Kids Stuffed Into Lockers: 0" on my stats page. Yay! A new mission! Must stuff preppy in locker! Too bad they never go to class. :P

I never go to class either, which is another frustration. I would love to finish photography class to earn a color camera, but it's locked away behind story missions. Phooey.



I'm almost done with New Super Mario Bros. World 8 is a pain. In the other worlds I (mostly) enjoyed collecting all the hidden coins in a level, but in World 8, I'll be happy just to blow through the levels and call it done.



I bought my plane tickets for PAX. I suppose it's time to revisit my button designs and make whatever other preparations are needed. I suppose a new t-shirt is in order, as well. Hmmm. And I probably should have been paying more attention to what games were playable on the E3 show floor as many of those demos will be shipped to Seattle for PAX. I'll start working up a list.

No comments: