18 June, 2009

Keepalive: Shirt Stuff, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

written on Wednesday, June 17, 2009



Thanks to the great work of the people at Font Forge (and whoever ported it to MinGW so I didn't have to figure out why it kept asking for a Cygwin DLL I didn't have), work on the OrbitBold Republic Commando interface font has begun. By only slightly tuning the nodes it auto creates, I think I'll be able to get the font looking passable. It won't be perfect. For that, I'd want to be able to move things numerically instead of by hand. I'm a little worried the imperfect symmetry will look bad blown up. We'll see. I have a month or so before I'm planning to put the order in at Printfection.



In anticipation of future co-op, I figured I should check out TimeSplitters: Future Perfect again. It's still simple fun. It looks good. The weapons feel good. Well, the shotgun is sad and weak beyond three meters, but I just don't use it. I'm going through the game on Hard this time. It's generally not too bad except when I hit a checkpoint with low health. It does lack pointers to objectives, so I get lost once in a while. But that's part of why I'm previewing it.

No comments: