05 June, 2009

Keepalive: Majora's Mask, Bully

written on Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yeah. This is no fun. The game gives me a bunch of clues to some tasks that I absolutely cannot do. I was trying to help this young couple who want to get married. But I can't actually do it without opening up an area I haven't been to, learning the warp ability, and obtaining a mask I've never even heard of. But it lets me go through the first nine steps of the event before it strands me with no clue about how to proceed. I may not know exactly where the line between offering me an environment to explore and wasting my time is, but I know which side this game is on.



I forgot how great the music in Bully is. It immediately gives a sense of subversiveness without being too serious.

I've already taken some classes so that I can make firecrackers and stink bombs in my room. I've robbed lockers like crazy to get some new clothes. A bully tried to push me around and I stuffed him in a trash can. It's great to be back.

No comments: