06 June, 2009

Keepalive: Bully, Backup, Penumbra Steam Sale

written on Friday, June 5, 2009

I am playing Bully so slowly. I didn't even realize it before, but if I can completely forego the missions and just go to class and screw around. And that is pretty wonderful. In fact, I completed all the classes I could so that I could focus more on just messing around.

I discovered that I could get girls to like me well before their missions came up. And I finally gave someone a swirly, so I'm experiencing much more of the hooliganism than I did when I was just focused on missions.

Truthfully, I'm not much of a hooligan. I bully the bullies, mostly. If you try to pick on a wimp or a girl in my presence, your life is going to get very unpleasant very fast. And if you try to pick on Jimmy (the main character), you need your head examined.

I'm beginning to think the designers understood that some players would want to take their time. They added missions where a kid will run up and ask for help with something. I'm hoping those missions are just random and will help me extend my school life as long as I want.

The story's great, but so's school life. One of the nerds saw me being a jerk to someone and yelled out, "Is charisma your dump stat!?" That's priceless.

I've got a camera now and I can take pictures of everyone for the yearbook. It's weird how many people who'd otherwise hate me stop and wave if I'm pointing a camera at them. I need to remember to take pictures of the faculty and see what they do.



In other news, I finally got an external HDD to start backing up my system so I can reformat. That'll take a while, but it'll be nice when it's done.



Also, also, the Penumbra games are on sale on Steam this weekend. If you like horror that's more about the puzzles and atmosphere and less about combat, I highly recommend them. And at $5 for both games, it's really hard to go wrong.

No comments: