08 August, 2009

Keepalive: Postal 2, Capture Stuff

written by Blain Newport on Saturday, August 8, 2009

This post was a half hour late.

Good Old Games is a web site that sells its name. I already own most of the good old games I enjoyed, but when I was perusing their list I was surprised to see Postal 2 on it. The Postal games mostly traded on controversy and shock value, but I enjoyed the Postal 2 demo and was a little annoyed that I could never find a used copy for cheap. Good Old Games sold me the game, expansion packs, and other extras for $10. I took some screen shots and should have a writeup of my Jesus walkthrough (which happens when you don't kill anyone in the entire game) tomorrow or the next day.



I spent most of the night fiddling with my capture setup, but I think I finally got it all in order and will soon begin posting my video playthrough of the forgotten classic Blood.

Getting to this point has been a whole lot of futzing. I've had problems with interlacing, jumpy video, capture software lockups, and ambient sound. It's a lot of work, but Blood deserves the recognition. For my money, Monolith never did a game as good, before or after.

No comments: