16 September, 2008

Keepalive: My Big Mouth Keeps Flapping, Kicky McBoots Pictures

Yeah. Someone posted a movie of how Diablo 3 could look more like older Diablo games. Yeah. Someone in the enthusiast press was a *%^$ to them. Yeah. I got mad and flamed the $&*#. I should care about other things.


But at least I have another outlet for my wrath: kicking things in Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. With how terrible the reviews were, I thought even ten dollars might have been overpaying. But so far the experience has been largely positive. Well, it's been positive for me.

It's been less positive for people standing near ledges


and for crates


and for cheesy barricades


For them, these are the end times.

There was actually one pretty cool fight where three goblins were trying to surround me. I saw a narrow bridge and ran onto it. I used charged up horizontal slashes and vicious bootings to hurl them to their dooms. As the last one fell, Another three goblins attacked me from behind and got the same treatment. First person melee still stinks, but this is the best experience I've ever had with it. Well, technically I've had knife runs in Joint Ops I've enjoyed more because of how ridiculous they were, but this actually felt like something approaching tactical melee in first person. It just isn't done.

No comments: