24 January, 2009

Game Journal: Gothic 3

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

I continue combing the desert. And there's a lot to comb.



The worst part about the scrub area is the lack of monsters. It was nothing but a long boring herb hunt. But it ended. Then I went in search of a back way into the forbidden city of Ishtar.



I have the acrobatics skill and could probably find a way to slide down into the city, possibly onto the wall, then down the dome, and so on. But the guards would hate me, so that's not really worthwhile. I was hoping more for a secret cave or a disguise or something. The guys who live here are arguably more evil than the orcs, so I don't really want to bother getting into their good graces. I'll probably end up doing it anyway, just in the course of normal hunting.



I remember the days when a single wolf was dangerous. Now I take them down six or seven at a time, chasing large packs across the desert and picking them off when they stop. After dispatching something like forty wolves and poking around the smaller settlements near Ishtar, night began to fall. It was time to find a place to rest.



See those towers to the left? That's a city, with the largest ruins I've ever seen between me and it. It would still be a while until bedtime.



That did not, however, stop me from exploring a cave along the way. Since it's always dark in caves, exploring them at night is "free". (Yes. I am certifiable.)

Eventually I made it to the outskirts of a city and found a merchant who wasn't using his bed. Apparently the men he hired to guard his possessions robbed him and took off. I took advantage of his frustrated insomnia and caught some winks in his bed. I'll probably pay him back tomorrow by hunting down his former employees.

Ah. Another rich, full day.

No comments: