09 June, 2008

Oblivion: Makin' Friends

I creep up to the ruins. Again, since I'm using Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, I have no idea what may be up here. I know there's going to be a point in the game where I need to run for my life, I just don't know when it is. I can hear voices. There are humans up here. Bandits would be a lot higher level than rats and goblins, I'd expect. I creep around a corner to take a look.

Aaah! JERKS!

Even though I was sneaking, this cleric saw me from twenty meters, cast a spell on herself and charged me, with her more heavily armored friend in tow. I ran. I ran a lot. I ran out of the ruins and up the hill. I came to a fork in the road. I looked down the hill and saw my pursuers still doing what pursuers do. I took the right fork and ran. I ran a lot. When I finally looked back and saw this...

I finally relaxed and stopped running.


Aaah! Orc lady on a horse!

Oh wait. She's nice. I can talk to her. What's this bribe button for? Oh! She likes me now! Great! At least one person in the kingdom of Tamriel doesn't want to kill me. Boss. Wait. Did I hire her? Is she my adventuring buddy now? No. She's just riding off down the road. Okay. I guess I should go back and see what those jerks in the ruins are up to now that it's getting light out again.



Now imagine yourself in my place. Hiding behind a rock looking down into the ruins, not knowing where the bad guys are, and not wanting to get any closer for fear that you might find out. The hard way.

You see something on your right. Oh no! It's the cleric! No. It's Magul. What's she doing here? She's headed right into the ruins. She's got a sword out. She's running in.

Oh crap! I better back her up!

I see the cleric. Time for some thunk thunk.



So here's me, trying to shoot arrows into the cleric faster than she can heal herself while my new orc friend is chasing her armored companion around like he was an unruly orc child.



And she beat him down!

Wow.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my profound regret at not having purchased this game sooner.

No comments: