09 June, 2008

Oblivion: Back Inside

While looting the camp of the newly deceased brigands, I come across their bedroll. Great! I needed to level up! So I sleep and get some improved stats. Unfortunately, when I wake up, it looks like this.



Night sucks. I have no night vision and carrying a torch around at night is kind of like carrying around a neon sign saying "free lizard meat buffet". I'm going to explore the door I found under the ruins.



Oh look. Pretty blue stone. What a surprise.

I had gotten no more than a dozen steps into the place when a big jerk popped out and chased me outside. Yep. Jerks persist across load screens. Groo is unamused. After filling him with arrows I came back in and didn't get another dozen steps before I almost triggered a trap.



This picture (made extra bright for those of you with dark monitors) shows me using an arrow to trigger a pressure plate. This is a way of setting off a trap that doesn't involve my head caving in, so I support it's use. But between the jerk and the trap, I'm not feeling very welcome here.



Sure is pretty though. Too bad I eventually come to a large room with at least four jerks in it. I'm not going in there. Dark or not, it's time to hit the road.

1 comment:

Salt Racer said...

I'm not sure which I enjoyed more ... "Groo is unamused" or "free lizard meat buffet"

Thanks for the pics.