04 May, 2014

Keepalive: Ant Simulator, Orcs Must Die 2, EDF 2025

written by Blain Newport on Sunday, 04 May 2014

Ant Simulator 2014

I don't know what it is with silly animal simulators. But I ran around as an ant for a bit. I found that my Spotify playlist largely determined the texture of the experience, given that Ant Simulator 2014 doesn't give the player anything to do but move so far. For the record I was listening to 3iche by Jbara and Que Vuex Tu - Madeon Remix by Yelle. Also, in lieu of a queen, the game currently has a giant gold ant inside the ant hill, leading me to do this.

Orcs Must Die 2

Chris and I co-oped some OMD2 last week. We may have gone a bit overboard on our defender heavy strategy.

Unleash the horde indeed.

Destiny

Bungie (the company that made Halo for Microsoft, among other things) is finally previewing their upcoming franchise Destiny. There's been a bunch of argument online as to whether the game looks "next-gen" or not. I don't really care. It's an FPS not coming to PC.

But I did very much enjoy the leery eye enthusiast press person Colin Campbell was giving to one of the Bungie folks he interviewed. (I don't think he meant to. It was just a side effect of the angles of the seating arrangement.)

EDF 2025

EDF continues to entertain. I've been playing through again on hard. There are fairly amazing weapons that you never get to see if you only play through the game on normal. I don't want to spoil anything for Chris, but suffice it to say that for one glorious level, my Air Raider got to be all he could be.

Then he had to go into the tunnel maps where he couldn't do any of those awesome things. :P

I've been playing through each level with all four classes. It's interesting to see the difference in approaches. The relatively conventional shooting of my Ranger contrasts the aerial close and smash play of my Wing Diver which contrasts the sometimes bizarre mix of vehicles, air strikes, and turrets of my Air Raider which contrasts my pure offense dual wielding Fencer.

According to the in game clock, I will soon have played more EDF 2025 than Fallout 3 or Champions Online. Look out Terraria. You're next.

No comments: