18 July, 2013

Steam Summer Sale 2013-07-18

written by Blain Newport on Thursday, 18 July 2013


Magicka ($2.49)

I always recommend Magicka.  It lets you be a wizard.  :o

The DLC is blah. :(

Torchlight 2 ($4.99)

It's a cartoony click and loot.  I played through it with Matthew's group and we had fun.


I've been playing a goodly amount of Rogue Legacy lately.  It's a die-a-lot fantasy platformer with a lot of clever bits.  Every time you die you choose among your three "children" who have random classes and characteristics (colorblind, dwarfism, OCD, farting) to use as your next character.  Then you can spend money to buy your children better training facilities and equipment.  Then you invade the randomized dungeon to do it all over again.  It's pretty repetitive, obviously, but as long as I earn enough money to afford an upgrade or two between generations it feels like I'm making progress.



No comments: