12 July, 2013

Steam Summer Sale 2013-07-12

written by Blain Newport on Friday, 12 July 2013


"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die." - H. P. Lovecraft

That's my way of saying it's been a while.  I can't believe I actually kept writing this blog for so long with the hours I was putting in at work.  I still put in plenty of hours at work.  But I want this blog and doing videos back.  And I shall have them.  And I'm gonna learn basic French.  But that's another story.

I come to you now to provide a basic service (provided you read this soon enough). Steam is having its summer sale.  Here's what I think is worthwhile today, in order of recommendation strength.

The Walking Dead ($6.24)

TWD is an adventure game (not a shooter) about a zombie apocalypse and the decisions that have to be made to survive in it.  If you can stand the bleakness, it's a trip worth taking.

FTL ($2.49)

Faster Than Light is a Rogue-like (i.e. game where you die a lot) in space.  You have a top down view of your ship and try to win / survive numerous alien encounters by telling each member of your crew where to go and what to do.  And there's often a hull breach or a fire or enemies boarding your ship, so there's plenty for them to do.  Plus the graphics are so simple it runs on almost anything.

Just Cause 2 ($2.99 and $1.79 for all the DLC)

Just Cause 2 is an open world shooter with a parachute and grappling hook mechanic that turns you into a kind of reverse Spider-Man with guns. The story and acting are a laughable afterthought, but reverse Spider-Man with guns!

No comments: