13 July, 2013

GOG Summer Sale 2013-07-13

written by Blain Newport on Saturday, 13 July 2013

GOG decided to throw in a weekend long sale of their own.  If you like retro, these are my recommendations.


Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 ($3.49)

Building little parks and coasters and watching my little people run around and enjoy them was very satisfying.  (If you must have 3D you can pay twice as much for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.  Actually, it looks like Steam will have RCT3 for $5 at some point during the sale.)

Blood ($2.09)

A tongue in cheek horror shooter in the vein of Duke Nukem, I felt Blood was so overlooked it was my second ever Video Talkthrough. The simple pleasures of setting giant spiders on fire with a lighter and hairspray, laying into cultists with dual tommy guns, and nearly killing myself with dynamite still bring a smile to my face.

There are a bunch of other great games on the list, too, but you can browse them yourself.

Meanwhile, back in the 21st century there is nothing for me to recommend in today's Steam sale.  Yesterday's recommendations are still good for 20 hours or so, but that's about it.

No comments: