01 October, 2009

Keepalive: Stalker 2, Saint's Row 2

written by Blain Newport on Thursday, October 1, 2009

I got Stalker 2 on sale. It's technically a prequel, but really it's the same game only prettier.

And I can't even run it at full pretties, with sunlight streaming through the reeds you explore. The game has wandering and looting and upgrading and shooting stuff, but I mostly enjoy the atmosphere. Exploring at night is particularly harrowing.

I played a bit more of Saint's Row 2, this time with Woggle.

He was doing a fire truck event I was not a part of, but I grabbed a second fire truck to chase him around in. Then I drove off a cliff and planted it. It's totally stable like this. I even got in a police car and rammed it to try and knock it over to no avail.


And this is one of many police chases we got into. The AI for the pursuers is pretty decent, and they'll follow you over all kinds of jumps.

No comments: