12 September, 2009

Keepalive: Takin' It Easy

written by Blain Newport on Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm mostly recovered from my illness. I'm now in the "feelin' fine but still cleaning out phlegm" stage. Maybe it was H1N1. Maybe not. Hopefully we'll never have a need to know.

I'm still not playing much, just lying in bed listening to podcasts and PAX panels I didn't go to. People at panels tend to ask pretty horrible questions, myself included. :P

Even with the perspective of a few days time, I still wish I was playing Bayonetta. Dark Void's flying may end up only amusing me for a half hour. Dust could easily get stale or introduce enemies that are more laborious than fun. Ratchet & Clank will undoubtedly be awesome, but I already have some 360 games, so I won't be getting a PS3 for some time.

But right now the main things on the horizon are the LAN party and Batman: Arkham Asylum, which are both more than a week away. There's still plenty of Blood to play and Fallout 3 to narrate (if I can remember that far back). But being exposed to so much novelty over such a short time makes everything else seem a little less shiny. Call it post-PAX depression.

No comments: