04 May, 2009

Review: Elite Beat Agents

written on Monday, May 4, 2009

Elite Beat Agents is a quirky rhythm game for the DS. You tap on dots and trace paths on the touch screen in time with the music. There is also a story going on which usually has to do with someone in trouble. If you do the tapping and tracing well, their fortunes turn around. If not, their lives fall apart and you have to start over.

In the beginning, I found the game charming. Near the end, it started to suck. On the last few songs, I could do the first two sections perfectly but would consistently fail out on the third section as the game threw a wall of dots at me. It felt like the designer was wasting my time, making me replay sections I had obviously mastered. Overall I'd still say it's a fun game and worth playing, but I'd recommend sticking to the easy difficulty.

3 of 5

Full disclosure: I did not finish the final song. It is a pain, and I felt I should stop playing before it made me hate the game.

No comments: