05 February, 2008

Tasty Backlog (and Crysis apology)

I've had so many games waiting for this new PC. I've played through Quake 4, Call of Duty 2 (pictured in the last updated), half of SWAT 4, a little bit of Rainbow Six Vegas (it keeps BSODing (Blue Screen Of Death)), and the Crysis demo again.

First off, I should apologize to Crysis. I'm still reserving judgment for the full game, but some of my problems with Crysis were because of my slow computer. Playing on easy difficulty on my new PC is actually easy. I can actually survive firefights, whereas the AI seemed to kill me instantly on my old machine. It's not ideal that Crysis is like playing Quake on the AI's -listen server (the AI moves at full speed while you lag), but my old system was slightly below the minimum spec, so that's still not Crytek's fault.

I'm sorry I misjudged your demo. Here's a screenshot showing how pretty it is on my current PC. No hard feelings?


A small note of weirdness, upping the detail settings from low to medium has added birds I don't remember seeing before, both flying and wandering through the bushes. They're nice (especially the land fowl). But it's weird to have a detail setting add wildlife.

No comments: