21 January, 2008

More DooMin'

My gas gun works. I can now make puddles of gas (which is silent, so it doesn't alert any monsters) and shoot them to set them on fire. Yay! There are a couple more items on the checklist to make it just like the gas can in Shotgun Sunrise. You should be able to chuck the whole thing, then shoot it to make it explode. Also, it should slow you down to have it in your inventory. I should be able to pull that off by making the player press a switch to pick it up which runs a script that lowers their speed. But then if you chuck the whole thing, your speed should return to normal, right? Also, you should get incrementally faster as you empty the can, right? We'll see.

While looking at how some if the weapons in the weapon resource wad were created, I noticed there were a bunch of them I'd never seen in my playtest. They were bound to different keys, which apparently also means they don't come up when you scroll wheel through the weapons. I went back in to try them out and found this.



Yep. That's me with a light saber, reflecting missiles back at a cyberdemon. If you reflect a tracking missile back at a revenant, it even tracks. I love that weapon with a high intensity and am already considering how I could alter it to make some type of energy shield. It'd be perfect for my close combat class in the co-op project I never get around to. :) Of course it's almost so cool that I don't care. I want a Jedi player super jumping around while the heavy weapons player pumps out the plasma and the third player is using the ZDoom Portal Gun (a nice hack of the Portal gun... FOR DOOM!) to zap through tiny spaces to open new passages and telefrag boss monsters.

I gotta learn how to map faster.

And of course, I'm completely forgetting how I reinstalled Unreal Tournament today and wish I also had time to make levels that would let players take full advantage of the supreme awesomeness that is Lazy Matrix and Matrix Moves combined. Runnin' along the wall, headshottin' bots.

No comments: