02 September, 2007

Rubric Revisited

Playing Warrior Within I realized I have no business giving out buying advice, so here's what the ratings mean to me. Remember, this is my taste, which include such arbitrary pet peeves as a hatred of load times, disgust with trial and error gameplay, and a general need for constant stimulation.

One
I only finished it so I could make fun of it, or it was too broken to finish.

Two
Points for effort, but I'd rather have my time and money back.
Examples: Devil May Cry 2, Jak 3

Three
It was worth my time. I do not regret playing it.
Examples: Evil Dead: Regeneration, Destroy All Humans, Ico, Onimusha 3, Metal Gear Solid, Mark of Kri

Four
Solid. I'm glad I picked it up. I might even play through it again, if it's not too long.
Examples: Okami, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, DooM 3, Um Jammer Lammy, Lego Star Wars, almost any old LucasArts adventure game, any Rachet and Clank game

Five
Can't review. Too sad it's over / already replaying.
Examples: DooM, Devil May Cry, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

1 comment:

Blain Newport said...

And yes, for those of you who actually teach and grade papers, this isn't really a rubric. Making rubrics is really hard. :P