25 September, 2009

Keepalive: Saint's Row 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum

written by Blain Newport on Friday, September 25, 2009

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

I know I said I was probably not going to play much more Saint's Row 2, but when I think about what I want to play, it still sounds good. I can shoot some guys and make some money. Who doesn't enjoy that? Plus when I signed into Steam I was immediately invited to co-op. Saint's Row 2 co-op has some advantages and disadvantages compared to Mercs 2 co-op. Mercs 2 has airstrikes and blowing up buildings. But Saint's Row 2 doesn't force you to stay together, and you can do drive-bys, whereas in Mercs 2 if your vehicle doesn't have a mounted gun, the passenger just sits there. Plus Saint's Row 2 has a lot of character customization options so everybody can have a memorable look.


Here's me and IdolNinja from the PA forums striking victory poses after beating down some inmates.



We found the victory poses pretty hilarious. And yes, IdolNinja is a husky pirate.


RonaldoTheGypsy (seen here truck surfing with a rocket launcher) has a much more normal looking guy, but he's finished the game and has lots of special weapons. It doesn't matter how normal he looks, when you see him dual wielding laser scoped pistols, you know he means business.



On the single player front, I've played through Arkham Asylum on hard. On Normal or Easy these big icons appear over enemies' heads before the attack. It's tacky. There are some encounters on hard that I actually found fairly frustrating, but mostly because it's easy to take hits from off screen, which the icons probably wouldn't have helped. I'll have a full write up, probably Sunday.

No comments: