30 July, 2009

Game Journal: Fallout 3

written by Blain Newport on Thursday, July 30, 2009

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

After saying goodbye to dad I continued exploring the western wasteland. I came across some Talon Company jerks guarding the ruins of a fort (Fort Bannister). I'd gotten used to seeing groups of three mercs trying to ambush me. But this was a larger group then I was used to. And when I found a manhole that said "Sewer Entrance to Commanding Officer's Quarters", I was cautiously optimistic. Could this be Talon Company's headquarters? Despite the fact that they kept me in nice armor and combat shotguns, I objected to the way they were doing it. So the chance to kill a lot of them appealed to me.



Hopefully the fact that the facility is strewn with garbage means this is a non-functioning silo. I'd hate to think Talon Company might have nuclear capabilities.



Is there anybody in Fallout 3 who doesn't do creepy experiments on people?



I know this picture is supposed to be full of gore, but looking all smooth and slo-motiony, it always strikes me more as a chocolate commercial. You know, the ones where they pour liquid chocolate into a spinning tub of liquid chocolate while saying words like "velvety smooth"?

I'm a sick, sick man.



After much killing, way too many trips back to my stash to store all the free body armor, and some trap disarming, I finally found the commander of Talon Company, some guy named Jabsco. In the picture he's fighting one of his own defensive turrets I turned against him. It got him down to about half health, which was good for me because when I started attacking him, five guys and robot I hadn't seen all jumped me at once. Many stimpacks and a few pulse grenades later, he was dead. It didn't stop Talon Company from hunting me. It didn't even give me the name of whoever had taken out the 1000 cap contract on me that predated Burke's. From a story perspective, Talon Company HQ was nothing more than a loot hole.

To console myself, I decided to try on a new helmet. The psycho killer hockey mask look was getting a little old.



Oh my. I think I look even scarier with the fireman gas mask. Naturally my next mission involved extensive dealings with children. :P


Next Time: Extensive Dealings with Children

Duh.

No comments: