08 July, 2009

Game Journal: Fallout 3

written by Blain Newport on Saturday, July 4, 2009

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

It's back to school night. Originally I was going to check out a lead on a marketplace with food and medicine (maybe). I figured I'd stop by some deadbeat junkie that owed the bartender some money. But she didn't really strike me as a worthless thief, and her story of the bartender cheating her seemed credible.



So I told her I'd tell the bartender she'd left. Then, instead of heading to the marketplace, I got distracted by the Springvale Elementary School.



I can't afford it yet, but I've seen a blueprint for a weapon that fires whatever you drop into it as a projectile. If I ever purchase it, I'll be sorely tempted to come back here and fill it full of books. "The Power of Reading"



He didn't have a hall pass. :P

It turned out the school had become a base for raiders. So I shot them in the head. It's a little disconcerting to see someone who looks like you committing acts of extreme violence.



The raiders had a plan to tunnel into Megaton. Unfortunately for them, they hit a nest and had to abandon the project and seal off the tunnel when a bunch of them got eaten by giant ants. But ants tend to get into everything anyway, so I had to kill maybe a dozen to clear out the basement.



After clearing the school of hostiles, I was almost completely laden with loot. I made a quick stop by my stash and headed back to town. Since I had increased my repair skill some, I was able to fix the leaks in the town water supply, earning me some nice cash. Also the water maintenance guy said he'll pay well for any scrap I find, so that'll be nice. I want that book cannon.

No comments: