18 May, 2009

Curse My Cheap Ass Bones!

written on Monday, May 18, 2009

This post was 20 minutes late. Plants Vs Zombies. Again. It's $10 on Steam. Just go buy it already. :P



House of the Dead Overkill and MadWorld are on sale at Amazon. I'm sorely tempted, but I just can't bring myself to do it. You see, I want to see them do well on the Wii, but what I've heard about them leads me to believe I won't really get much out of them.

Overkill is a light gun game. That is not why I care. I care because it's adult content. (It's over the top adult as it's parodying exploitation films and their gratuitous violence, sex, and swearing.) If it tanks, publishers may decide that only family friendly games with "party" in the title are worth doing on the Wii.

I don't know. I was going to continue about how Overkill is too short and MadWorld is (I've heard) too repetitive. Then I'd give my history supporting other Wii titles, how I way overpaid for Zack & Wiki ($40) because it was the enthusiast press poster child for good use of motion control. I somewhat overpaid for No More Heroes ($30) because it was (rightly) purported to be a brawler with bizarre trappings. Blah, blah, blah.

What's the point? That ship sailed a long time ago. Some companies will keep trying for crossover hits that can appeal to traditional gamers and the Wii demographics at the same time, but those are so few and far between I should just put the thing in the closet. I can't even remember the last time I used it. Was it Boom Blox or No More Heroes? Either way that would make it around a year ago.

No comments: