22 April, 2009

Keepalive: GTA: Chinatown Wars, MK: Shaolin Monks

written on Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My drug empire continues to grow very slowly (mostly because I only played for an hour or two today). I tried to drive a taxi for a while. I finally figured out that when the game wants me to repair my taxi, all I have to do is steal a new one instead. Yay. Basically, I was driving taxis to kill time. I already sold all the drugs that were selling for a high price and bought as much of the low priced stuff as I could. All I could do after that was wait for the sales to expire so new ones would come up. So I drove around for a while. Then I got so bored I started taking on campaign missions again. Bleh.

"Dawn's in trouble. Must be Tuesday."

We didn't beat Shaolin Monks. The final boss is actually three boss fights in a row with no rest in between. I've beaten it many times by myself, but it's a fair amount harder when you've got a partner and have to share one health bar. For us, the game is over. Next week? Maybe Lego Batman. Maybe Guitar Hero 2 or Rock Band. We'll see.

In a strange side note, I was told that my name will be in the secret credits to a Wii game. One of the PAX IRC guys is putting the names of a bunch of folks into the WiiWare title he's working on. He's a sweet guy; I hope his game sells. As I've never bothered to buy a wireless router to allow my Wii to go online, I may never see it on my own console. :O

Just in case you were waiting, you should know that I am making no moves to buy a backup device to stash all my files on so I can reformat my PC and start my Blood walkthrough. It took years to get my Heart of Evil walkthrough started. It may take just as long to start the next one.

No comments: