20 April, 2009

Keepalive: Dawn of War II Demo, GTA: Chinatown Wars

written on Sunday, April 19, 2009

I tried to pick up the pace in DoW2. It helped some. But it's the same thing as StarCraft. In WarCraft 2, things felt simpler, like I could keep a handle on them. But when we got to StarCraft, it was more multitasking than I wanted to do. It was like my brain was always overheating and it still wasn't enough. I liked an FPS where all I had to keep in mind were my weapons, movement, and adversaries. Eventually, when it gets cheap enough, I'll pick up DoW2 and try to stretch myself.

In the meantime, I've started GTA: Chinatown Wars on the DS. I still hate playing games on those tiny screens, but the game's promising so far. I haven't been involved in any of the much lauded drug trading yet. They apparently use real drug names, which is pretty bizarre since even Fallout 3 (a game on the 360, PS3, and PC where you blow guys into chunks) was forced to use made up names of drugs or get an Adults Only (a.k.a. unpublishable on any console) rating. And yet I'll be trading all sorts of illegal substances on the Nintendo DS. To quote Alexei Sayle, "It's a funny old world."

No comments: