24 April, 2009

Game Journal: GTA: Chinatown Wars

written on Friday, April 24, 2009

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

My week four stats wouldn't show it, but I AM THE DRUGINATOR! I bought all kinds of drugs. I bought and bought and bought. Then in week five (which I haven't finished yet) I sold and sold and sold. I'm carrying over two hundred grand in cash, and I've bought safe houses all over the city, so I don't have to drive around carrying drugs all the time.

I haven't yet managed to take down an Ammu-Nation delivery truck. I either get killed by the shotgun toting driver, or nabbed by the cops before I can get the truck up to speed. I'll keep trying. I'm pretty sure the loot won't be worth all the trouble, but I want to be able to say I did it.

Nabbing drug vans is comparatively simple. I still have to be careful to do it a safe distance from any cops, but once I've got the van going, I have secluded safe houses all over where I can take my time carving into the dashboard to recover the delicious free drugs inside. And so I do. Actually, they aren't always delicious drugs.

Many times, when I'm buying cheap drugs, the dealer will say they've been cut with something horrible and will kill people. To my knowledge there are no game mechanics for that. There are no stats regarding the number of people who've died using drugs I've sold, no numbers for lives ruined, parents left childless, etc. But game mechanic or no, it's more than a little unsettling to be told I'm pushing literal poison in some cases.

No comments: