13 April, 2009

Game Journal: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

written on Sunday, April 12, 2009

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

I finished Dark Messiah. I didn't take pictures of the endgame. That still feels a little too spoilery.



Here I am in the jerk wizard's fortress, playing puppet master. The guys with the white glowing icons over their heads are my thralls. The orange glowing icon on the floor is a fire trap so that if my charm wears off and the baddies try to swarm me, I'll have a little breathing room. The main problem with this strategy is that it is dull.



After clearing the fortress, I return to the city. Things have gone poorly here.



And here are some of the jerks responsible. But I have a new spell. (Note my icy blue fists.)



Jerks fall.



Everyone dies.

But while it's effective, it's not much fun. Slap down ice patch. Perform coup de grĂ¢ce on prone foe. Repeat.

Honestly, the mage path was far less interesting than the mix of melee and archery I took last time. I often felt like I was giving in to the dark side by kicking or bashing guys instead of zapping them. But zapping just didn't work very well / wasn't much fun.

No comments: