09 April, 2009

Game Journal: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

written on Wednesday, April 8, 2009

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

Are you ready to catch it?

Zombie Fever!



No. It's not a disease that raises your temperature and turns you into a zombie. It's Zombie Fever: the need to burn, hack, impale, and otherwise destroy the shambling dead! If so then the chapter of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic that I'm playing is right up your alley!



Seriously, look at all these jerks. And that glowing red fire staff does basically nothing to them (unless they've been covered in oil to make them extra flammable). So it's mostly back to kicking. Yes, you too can kick zombies into traps (fire or spike) or off of cliffs.



This is me attempting to use the fire trap spell (a prerequisite for the hopefully super awesome fireball spell). Well, I shouldn't say "attempting". I'm successfully using the fire trap spell. But despite the fact that this looks like the perfect position to use it from (a bunch of slow moving baddies bunched together) it takes four traps to kill a guy and the spell has a really long cooldown. Maybe it works better as a trap that sets off other traps, like if I put a fire trap on top of an oil slick or next to a support beam so that somethng falls on whoever triggers it, but for direct damage it sucks, as do all my spell casting abilities.

Maybe I should have waited on the mana regeneration ability and used those skill points to buy better spells. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong by bothering to kill all these schmoes. Maybe I should charm one so that all his buddies attack him while I go about my business. Regardless, I'm not finding this part of the game very satisfying as a pure mage.

No comments: