18 March, 2009

Keepalive: Heart of Evil, Boredom

written on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I've been playing Heart of Evil, but I haven't recorded the next walkthrough segment yet. Episode E is pretty sprawling, and I don't want to have to backtrack a lot. Plus there are a bunch of NPCs. It's risky, but I'd like to take more of them with me. Not Barney. If he dies it's game over. But the modders went to a lot of trouble to give the player AI commands. I'd like to play with them more.

I'm pretty uninterested in gaming audio shows lately. Maybe it's just a function of there not being many games I'm interested in being at the stage where the press is excited about them.

Prototype is upcoming from Radical (who made the excellent Hulk: Ultimate Destruction). But I'm hearing so little about it, I'm guessing it's going to miss June and be pushed back to a holiday release.

I think The Godfather II may be some good vacuous fun.

I'd love to see Ghostbusters turn out really well and sell like crazy, if only to spite Activision.

The new Bionic Commando could be good.

And there are a few other games I'm at least holding out some hope for.

But mostly it feels like people talking about games I just don't care about. I suppose part of that is Noby Noby Boy and Killzone 2 getting a lot of press. They're PS3 exclusives, which is good for Sony. But I don't see me buying a PS3 for years, so I really don't care. Plus there's a lot of coverage of iPhone games. The idea that they aren't "real games" makes people want to talk about them more to defend them. :P

No comments: