12 February, 2009

Keepalive: Metal Slug 3, NecroVisioN

written on Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2009

I watched the Retronauts podcast folks play some Metal Slug 3 and figured I'd play through it on GameTap.

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can.

#&^@ that game.

I shouldn't blame it for being a quarter muncher, but seriously, the sluggish controls and sheer amount of deaths you can't see coming unless you've played it before is a design relic that deserved to die. Even with infinite continues it wasn't worth finishing.

I didn't play any more of the Necrovision demo since yesterday, I just wanted to make a note about why I wrote so much about the game. At first I really disliked the game, but it grew on me. So part of the length of that post had to do with how long I had to play to fully form an opinion, and part of it was me talking myself out of hating it. That doesn't just happen, you know. There's a whole process.

No comments: