17 February, 2009

Game Journal: Perfect World

written on Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2009

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

I spent some more time with Perfect World, getting to level 20. The meat of how I got there is generally banal, as it is in all MMOs. I don't really consider it playing a game. I consider it relaxation. I should probably go finish Otogi 2 or something.

But the MMO coma is setting in, like being under a warm blanket on a cold day.

Ooh. Pretties.



This is tiger form. All beast people turn into animals. Men turn into tigers. Women turn into foxes. It lets us travel long distances a little faster. Elves have wings which don't let them move faster but often let them take a more direct approach by going over instead of around. And humans... I don't know if humans have anything. Let's assume they do.



This is normal form for my character, Gok. I wanted a name that was strong, primitve, and simple to type.



Again, the water effects definitely add a lot to the visual appeal. The clouds can be nice, too. Some of them are objects in the world and actually have elevation and velocity. Once I hit level 30 and get a flying mount, I'll have to go fly through them.

No comments: