26 January, 2009

Game Journal: Gothic 3

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

The day started out with some dealings of dubious morality. I knew I'd be running the slave out to the orcs at the temple, so I figured I'd check the other slaver camp near the mesa city. Everyone had been asleep the first time I'd visited. It was more lively this time.



The merchant here had two dancing slaves for sale. The one in the foreground wanted to be wed to a successful merchant. The one with less clothes (and a run in her leg) said she wanted to be valued for more than her "dancing". It was creepy. I took off.

You know you're day is off to a weird start when delivering a slave to an orc labor camp is refuge.



Yep. Things look pretty normal here. Mean orcs with giant weapons standing over humans in collars. For Gothic 3, that's status quo. What wasn't status quo was the fact that the guy who was supposed to take the slave didn't want him. He said some guy named Mezir foretold that I was bad luck, so he didn't want anything to do with me. He said to take him to the orc leader, who also didn't want him.

Okay. Disequilibrium restored. Don't get me wrong. It was a great relief to be able to set him free and not feel all slimy, but since when do slavers ever not need slaves?

Then I got hit with the double whammy when the orc chief told me that I needed five keys to get inside the stupid temple. He had one, and some slave named Yussef had ran off with the rest. Fine. I'll track down Yussef.



Here's Yussef and his bulky friend Cruz. Well, they weren't really friends. In fact, I don't believe either acknowledged the other's presence. Maybe they were fighting.

Yussef gave up a temple key and informed me that the last key unaccounted for was with Gonzales, the ruler of the mesa.

Cruz said he'd had some valuable gear swallowed by a Sandcrawler in the north. So I went north.



Then I saw the boatload of lions and went back south to get Cruz.



He agreed to take me to the Sandcrawler in question... and ran west. Dufus. It was a good thing he fought better than he gave directions as the Sandcrawler had five friends.



We kicked their butts, and I got another fire chalice. The fire chalices are apparently some major story point. I've got seven of them so far. I think once I have twelve of them, I'll be able to go into the frozen north and give them to the fire mages. That's probably important.

But in the meantime, somebody has been spreading rumors about me. Better go see what this Mezir guy knows.

No comments: