25 January, 2009

Game Journal: Gothic 3

GAME JOURNALS CONTAIN SPOILERS. DEAL WITH IT PINK BOY.

First thing being first, I scouted out the merchant's guards to see if they could be reasoned with. They couldn't.



Not pictured: the two other guards I lured out of the camp with promises of delicious candy.

After claiming my reward from the merchant, I decided it was time to trudge up the hill and enter the mesa city proper.



Lotta slaves, lotta merchants; lotta guards. Seriously there are something like a half dozen merchants in the town. Most towns in Myrtana (the green lands to the north) would have one or two. But chatting with them would have to wait. My first stop in a new town is invariably...



the arena. Arena's are handy for multiple reasons. They give good XP (experience points). They give renown, which can be good for getting in to see city rulers. And they often give unique loot for winning the final round. In the case of this arena, it gave me a sword called the Moon Blade. With my reputation shored up a bit, it was time to explore the city.



Okay. The tents at the entrance may not have looked like much, but the streets behind the palace look great. Now this feels like a prosperous merchant city.

Speaking of merchants, or rather to them, I found out that many of them are obsessed with some nearby temple, probably in the giant stretch of ruins outside. One of them even has one of the two temple keys, which he trades to me for a promise. The fool! BWAAAHAHAhahaaa!

Ahem.



I get the other key from Kirk. A mercenary in a local pub who will take me to the temple. I was planning to search the entire collection of ruins anyway, but I'll keep his offer in mind. I'm also supposed to deliver a slave from one of the merchants to the orcs in the ruins. They also want to get into the temple, so I may have to sneak past them to begin my looting in earnest. But it's late. We'll see about all that tomorrow.

No comments: