19 October, 2008

Keepalive: Titan Quest, No More Heroes

Yay! It's Titan Quest Day!

I am furiously collecting more loot to share with my compatriots. Loot, loot, loot!

I'm having fun using my rogue, Knifey. He sucks against undead, but everything else dies like crazy from Xtreme Poison Damage. Often times he'll come up against four or five enemies and they'll all die from poison arrows before they can reach him. It's just so gratifying to see that last satyr wind up to strike you and collapse at your feet with a defeated grunt and clatter of falling loot. Will Diablo 3 be as fun?

I'm almost done with No More Heroes. The second to last boss sucked, as she was mostly a waiting game. It was back in Batman for the Genesis (which I imported for no apparent reason) that I identified bosses where you get so few openings to attack them and they're so easy to dodge that the main enemy is boredom. The next to last boss in NMH is such a boss.

I've been happy with the variety in the game so far, but I would have rather repeated an old boss than fight that one. Plus one of the boss' attacks instantly kills you, no matter how much health you've got, not matter how far into the fight you are, the very definition of bull#*$&. It's easy to avoid after that, but for a boss that takes so long, it's an arbitrary punishment to die to it even once.

No comments: