08 October, 2008

Keepalive: Odin Sphere, Titan Quest

It's saying a lot for Odin Sphere that I've played as much as I have. It's got a lot of grinding. It's got so many attacks from off screen that I find myself watching the mini radar more than the pretty graphics. But I'll leave all that for a proper game journal entry.

Sunday was Titan Quest night. Matthew's playing a heavy melee build. I'm playing a hunter. This was mostly a preview run to see if the game worked well enough on the network to be fun for group co-op.

Our test worked pretty well, with only one network glitch when I thought Matthew had stopped, but was actually up ahead fighting. It only took a few seconds to correct itself. If others are interested, we'll get to test how many people the game can handle gracefully in the near future. I'm looking forward to it. Much like WoW, I see the game more as a chat room with fighting, but it's simpler, faster, more fun, and costs only $5 more than a single month of WoW, after which it's free forever (and that's including the expansion).

I am a little concerned that the conservative christian crowd he plays with may object to some of the female characters in the game, but since the game is best played from a zoomed out perspective, maybe it won't be an issue.


Zoomed in shot of water spirit quest giver.


Normal view.

No comments: