28 September, 2008

Keepalive: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, GTA, Yakuza

In my continuing laziness, I'm going to give Dark Messiah a 4 out of 5. I might want to go back and play through as a mage at some point. But for now, I'm happy to bask in the afterglow of all the brawling I got to do. And for $10 on Steam, that thing's a steal. It's too bad the original release was so buggy, making the game no fun for reviewers and most gamers. :P

Even though I haven't played any GTA since I took yesterday's screenshots, I want to. This surprises me. Why would I want to replay old games, when I haven't even played through Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories? Mouselook, for one thing. I can actually shoot guys! It's awesome! But also San Andreas is so big. I feel like I've forgotten most of it. But just the fact that I actually finish GTA games makes me an oddity, so I probably shouldn't start finishing them twice.

I've played some more Yakuza. More crazy stuff has happened. Combat has gotten more difficult, and I'm not thrilled with it. I faced a couple boss characters that had real BS moves. Every character in the game (including me) drops their weapon when you knock them down. These bosses don't, and that's pretty lame. Also firearms have reared their ugly head. I haven't used any yet, just fought one boss who shot me, so we'll see if they end up being a welcome addition to the combat system, or just an annoyance.

Regardless, as long as I still get missions as ridiculous as "Save the Puppy!", I'll be happy.

No comments: