22 June, 2008

Quickie Take on the Numbers

Some of these came out just before I went on vacation, but now I'm back with time to actually write up the basics.

PS3 got a small boost last month, presumably in advance of Metal Gear Solid 4. I've always admired the production values, but there is so much garbage (trial and error gameplay, ridiculous moralizing, pathetically sophomoric humor, scenarios so implausible they would make John Woo ashamed to have authored them) between the bright spots that I only bothered to play through MGS 1. I'm enjoying listening to the spoiler filled podcasts about MGS4 more than I would enjoy playing it (or rather watching it as it's mostly cut scenes).

The 360 and Wii both saw small declines, but nothing I'd imagine anyone is losing sleep over. GTA IV is still topping the software charts here in the US, with a bunch of Wii stuff and Pokemon for DS rounding out the top ten. Oh, and Iron Man for PS2 made the top ten, proving once again that licensed garbage sells. Meh.

No comments: