07 June, 2008

Oblivion: Pre Game

I finally decided to grab a used copy of Oblivion. I've installed it and patched it and downloaded mods for it. Actually, I'm still downloading mods. Oblivion was a large and ambitious game, as such, the mod community has vastly improved the game over the two years since it's release, from such small things as a keyring to help me not have to hunt through my inventory for keys, to such large things as expanding the games stock 7 weather types to 41 different types. Just to give you an idea, I'm downloading 3 gigs of add-ons to a 4.4 gig game.

I probably won't install all of them. Luckily there's a nice guide to help me know which of the most important mods tread on each other's toes. I'll produce a full list of what I'm using when I'm ready to get started.

No comments: