17 May, 2008

Abandoned: Mortal Kombat Armageddon, TMNT, GTA: LCS, Brute Force

I have been trying the second or third tier games in the last gen library.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon I bought for laughs. It has tons of fighters. It even has a custom fighter creator. Too bad you have to grind out a bunch of single player garbage to unlock it. Still, puking on people in the kart racing was great. I probably got my money's worth.

TMNT could have been a great little game. The movement is similar to the new Prince of Persia games, except for a few bugs. Donnatello's pole vault straight up doesn't work most of the time and wall running is pretty glitchy. If not for those two problems, the movement segments would actually be pretty awesome. But they're not. And the combat is slow and mostly just pressing the combo button over and over. Groo is unamused.

Liberty City Stories petered out for me on the second island. I bought it to keep myself from jonesing for for GTA 4. A few super pain in the butt missions cured me. I've heard GTA 4 isn't quite as bad, but I think I can safely resist until the PC version comes out.

Finally, I almost finished the squad based Brute Force, but it was just too much of the same thing over and over. Move up squadmates. Kill bad guys under covering fire. Repeat. It was good. And the co-op was decent. What I'm trying to say is that I liked the game, I just got tired of it.

No comments: